In C-Sue's own words...

My friends call me "C-Sue"....

Monday, January 09, 2006

Why does it feel like Summer??

So today at 1pm I left for lunch. When I stepped outside I was met with warm sunshine and a nice, spring like breeze. As I got in my car I felt like Summer was around the corner as I put in a good mix, rolled down my windows and drove down the sunny street. I was instantly happy thinking of lying on the beach, drinking a beer, and reading a good book. I was SO convinced for a few minutes that this would be something I would be doing very soon. But then reality hit again and I realized, oh my goodness, its only freaking January 9th! AHHHHHHHHHHH

But I guess this is one of the reasons I love living in the South. Winter is so far away most of the year. Why then did I proceed to purchase 6 new sweaters within the last week? Today I am totally not sure. I guess I should have purchased 6 new pairs of flip flops instead.....I'm sure Winter will rear its ugly head again, probably sooner than later. But until then, here's to warm, sunny days of windows down, a nice cold beer and flip flops :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home